Lead SAP Basis Administrator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
As a member of Corporate Technology Services - Large Systems Support leadership team, the Lead SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the direction, planning and management of all activities undertaken by the SAP Basis support group. The Lead SAP Basis Administrator is accountable for the achievement of the SAP Basis support team's goals and objectives in addition to mentoring and staff development.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Act in a leadership capacity and participate as necessary on projects involving the implementation of SAP computing technology.
- Assist in ensuring that computing systems performance meets or exceeds established service level commitments.
- Act in a leadership capacity for the software and hardware lifecycles affecting SAP technologies.
- Participate in a leadership capacity and provide strategic direction required to meet the organizations goals and objectives.
- Take a leadership role in researching, evaluating, recommending and implementing advanced or emerging SAP related technologies in support of the company's strategy.
- Act in a leadership capacity to ensure that the SAP disaster recovery plan is sufficient to perform a successful recovery, and that the plan aligns with the overall BCP strategy.
- Act in a leadership capacity for the general supervision and direction of SAP Basis support staff.
- Provide coaching, development and support to the SAP Basis team in areas such as problem solving, technical knowledge, and system administration, to meet organizational objectives.
- Solving complex systems and/or infrastructure engineering problems is a key measure of this position.
- Provide leadership in resolving highly complex problems and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner. Also provide root cause analysis for problem management.
- Performance and Tuning - Use system tools to resolve problems in performance and availability. This requires advanced knowledge of cross-platform technologies and the ability to come to good decisions quickly even when all facts are not known.
- Provide support for all Disaster Recovery problem solving activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, information technologies or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience on SAP Basis and Security.
- 12+ yrs. direct experience with Basis Administration of SAP applications (i.e. SAP Basis, Portal, BW, ECC, PI, Netweaver, Solution Manager, HCM, FI)
- Supervisory experience and strong competency as a team leader.
- Hands on installation, maintenance and upgrade experience with SAP technologies
- Technically fluent in Linux (RED HAT), and Windows administration
- Strong project management skills and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of IBM technologies including DB2, z/OS and z/VM
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications
- Advanced knowledge of SAP system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP system security, goverance and control procedures and methods
- Be able to participate in an on-call 24 hour weekly rotation to respond to problems within the teams responsibilities
- Demonstrated success in a high volume, 24x7 production environment.
- Must be ready to take the lead in crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Solid experience with performance and capacity management.
- Knowledge of infrastructure maintenance best practices and formal change-management procedures
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.