- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate fluently with business representatives and developers
- Understand business requirements and be able to relate these to the supporting system requirements
- Work with developers and the business to follow approved test plans and test scripts for complex system service requests and projects
- Utilize test system software, test data, and regression testing tools to insure production system code is not adversely affected by changes. Review incorrect test results with the developer and repeat testing as needed
- Review test results with the business unit to ensure they meet the business' requirements, making necessary adjustments to the deliverable
- Obtain approval for Acceptance Test process
- Accurately record time and status to appropriate projects or support activity for billing
- Demonstrate the documented ITS values and behaviors
- Assist in analyzing, identification and correction of production system problems in a timely manner
- Understand and follow current Corporate Project Management standards
- Define, create and provide written test criteria, test matrices, test data, and predetermined test results for system changes for all levels of service requests
- Demonstrate an ability to speak in front of a group and to write grammatical sentences
- Analyze test results to identify and report testing errors as required by standard and best practice procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or some college preferred. Relevant work experience in the business or technical world will be considered in lieu of education.
- Knowledge of business (insurance marketing, accounting and/or insurance administration) processes and procedures
*** Candidates with more education coupled with more extensive and relevant experience may be considered for a higher level role (e.g. BAII).
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.