Total Loss Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Seeking Auto Claims Professionals - Apply today!
In today's market, Claims professionals have the edge. The majority of insurance carriers have more Claims openings than talented people to fill them. With all the options available, why should you choose American National?
American National supports talented and resourceful minds that have a passion for claims handling and creating a customer focused environment. We believe in a solid work/life balance and are committed to providing our team members with a flexible and supportive work environment. Our Auto Claims Division offers the ability to work autonomously while encouraging collaboration amongst fellow adjusters and leadership.
We provide benefits that are both anticipated (comprehensive insurance including multiple health options and paid disability, community involvement, and a matching 401k plan) and refreshing (competitive wages, educational opportunities, career growth paths, and annual merit reviews).
The Total Loss Specialist will be responsible for these functions:
- Assume handling of total loss paperwork by reviewing file and settlement.
- Assure that vehicle has been moved to a storage free facility.
- Field calls from pools, approve and pay advanced charges, negotiating fees as appropriate and insuring that CCR charges are within agreement guidelines.
- Call lien holders to secure guarantees of title, copies of titles, and payoff amounts
- Secure from individuals or courts copies of divorce decrees or death certificates to facilitate transfer of title.
- Fill in for other Administrative Specialists that are away from the office.
- Assist customers with locating and collecting personal effects from salvage cars.
- Maintain records of total number of titles pending, days pending and status.
- When paperwork is complete, issue final total loss check to close the coverage.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities:
High School education required with some post-secondary education preferred.
Experience handling Total Loss files or liability experience preferred.
Insurance background with training on terminology required.
Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) required.
Ability to explain procedures clearly and persuasively.
Working experience with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize duties.
Basic understanding of claim department and general knowledge of other departments preferred, or past work experience in multi-tasking, fast paced environment.
Should demonstrate initiative and creativity in accomplishing tasks.
Location: Glenmont, NY or Springfield, MO
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.