Product Development Intern
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
The Product Management Team uses a combination of internal and external analyses to position our products in a competitive market place and is dedicated to continuously developing these products to meet ever-changing market needs.
Specific duties include:
- Participation as a full, contributing member of our small, dedicated research and development team
- Assist in product development efforts by completing product/market needs analysis
- Using various sources and vendor applications to complete Market Opportunity Analysis which assists in the advancement of sales strategies and product development
- Conduct competitive analyses and provide summary of findings to Product Management Team
- Prepare Ad-Hoc reports to assist Regional Product Management team in understanding product performance and growth opportunities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial results reports
- The opportunity to work closely across many different departments including marketing, underwriting, claims, sales, and more.
- Must be actively pursuing college degree.
- Must maintain a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.
- Past experience in an office setting preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, preferred.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.