- Career Level
- Not Specified
Have you dedicated your career to administration? Are you tech-savvy and a strong relationship builder? If you would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
American National is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our HR Department in Glenmont, New York! This role would primarily support our VP of HR, but would also assist in a variety of functions for the local department, as well as our HR Departments in Missouri and Texas.
- Provides administrative support to executive and nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens, delivers or sorts mail for the department.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers in coming phone calls. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments/business units and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and chiefs. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Order, track and monitor office supplies and equipment.
- Education - Requires a high school diploma
- Experience- 1-3 years' related experience or equivalent experience (Associate degree)
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical ability to use and learn various systems.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.