- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Responsible for typing requested material from approximately 300 authors. General duties include the following.
- Transcribe dictation from Dictaphone dictation system.
- Text edit/revise transmitted letters from D050/Function 11 mainframe data source.
- Revisions of prerecorded material, dictation, hard copy, transcription of recorded statements.
- Data must be analyzed, keyed into system, proofread and prepared for printing.
- Deliver documents to originators in conjunction with delivery process.
- Must utilize special macros used in logging in the amount of lines typed at the completion of each document for month-end report calculations.
- Other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Educational Equivalent – High school diploma required.
- Specific Training – Previous training on Microsoft Word
- Knowledge – Excellent spelling and grammar skills. Knowledge of numerous insurance terms is very important. Transcription experience using foot pedal is preferred.
- Abilities – Typing skills of at least 50 w.p.m.