Desktop Support Intern
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Why work for American National? We offer competitive pay AND real life experience to give you an edge! We understand you need on-the-job experience to compete in the job market after graduation. Our Career Development Trainee positions allow you to gain this experience year-round while working around your class schedules.
CDT ECSG's otherwise referred to as Desktop Support would be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Build out of hardware
- DOD wipe old machines
- Remove hard drives
- Asset Management updates/clean up in the Asset Management System
- Move and organize spare equipment
- Evaluate and organize inventory
- Hardware Relocations
- Software installations/relocations
- Monitor, assess, and complete tickets in the Enterprise Service Desk Software.
- Enforce and support Service Support processes through the Enterprise
- Provide remote PC support via Log Me In agents
- Engage customers and support staff with varying levels of computer competency, executing the appropriate procedures for an effective, efficient resolution/installation.
- Field requests from employees across all American National locations and with assistance from higher-level team members determine the appropriate actions or processing to ensure prompt service and customer satisfaction.
- Receive incident reports and accurately document, prioritize and assess the scope of the issue. Additionally, use various troubleshooting methods to either resolve the issue or provide sufficient documentation to Level 2 & 3 support for problem resolution. CDT's are required to have a moderate level of workstation configuration, Microsoft Office application, and network troubleshooting skills.
Currently enrolled in an IT related degree program and maintaining a 2.5 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale.
Prior experience or education in an Information Technology field or an moderate level of understanding of the Information Technology industry fundamentals, concepts, terminology, platforms and processes.
Basic written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift IT equipment for installation.
Team oriented – Specialists work directly with the ECSG team and other IT support areas and must be team oriented.
Multi-tasking/Time Management skills- The position requires prudent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
Planning and Organization- The incumbent must be able to plan for and organize their workload for the most efficient handling of requests and incidents.
Moderate understanding of PC hardware configurations, Microsoft Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7) and Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and networking concepts
Location: League City, TX
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.