Claims Adjuster - Experienced, P&C
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services looking for Inside Property Adjusters who are ready to step into our fast paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader. As a Staff P&C Claims Adjuster, you will review property damage claim information from the Outside Adjuster, complete the investigation, and resolve the claim. This requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity. Staff P&C Claims Adjusters should be able to perform duties independently with a high level of accountability for timely and accurate results. Successful candidates will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. They will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements. Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth. We offer company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), discounted stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and many additional benefits. This position is located at our beautiful Cutler Bay, Miami campus where we offer a state of the art on-site Child Care and Elementary school, fully equipped gym, dry cleaners, credit union and more! Special Considerations: May require working overtime and/or weekend hours. An Adjuster's license is required for states in which the Claims Adjuster performs their job. If you do not currently possess the appropriate license(s), Assurant will assist you in obtaining the license within a specified timeframe and cover any related expenses. Bilingual Spanish and/or Creole is a plus. Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities: Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and policy provisions.
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report findings.
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with contractors, adjusters, or any insured representative.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities and refer accordingly.
- May be given the more challenging and complex claim activity.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of property claims adjusting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screen
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence