CI-Sustainability Coach-Assoc Mgr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Sustainability family ensure that that the business matures in its use of the Continuous Improvement (CI) management system. This family is responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the CI management system post deployment, identifying and prioritizing development gaps, and developing and deploying action plans to address those gaps. This family guides and supports the work of sustainability coaches embedded in permanent positions within the business.
The Sustainability Coach Associate Manager supports the business unit in the continued implementation of Continuous Improvement and is responsible for deepening the adoption of CI principles, systems and tools. The role of Sustainability Coach Associate Manager ensures individuals and managers alike have the necessary training, problem-solving skills, mindsets, and operational behaviors to support the sustainability of the CI management framework.
- Accountable for supporting business leaders in their roles, standard work, and behaviors
- Lead CI maturity reviews at business sites
- Coach the business in the creation and implementation of 100 day plans at the conclusion of quarterly maturity assessments
- Observe business leaders providing feedback and coaching engagement and usage of CI principles, systems, and tools
- Ensure the business conducts regular root-cause-problem-solving sessions with clear priorities and timely solutions
- Refine CI standard work as process changes are made
- Identify systemic inhibitors to new process adoption and efficient execution and discuss with business leaders
- Ensure the RCPS system is healthy and reflects best practices
- Provide coaching and support to Site Sustainability Coaches
- Supports post-transformation maturity assessment initiatives, assist with corrective action planning, and improvement execution until process changes are fully confirmed and embedded in the line activity and behaviors
- Coordinate with other AORs and CI deployment teams to tailor and standardize CI practices and supporting documents and procedures
- Apply standard diagnostic techniques across all five CI lenses
- Support onboarding efforts to ensure new employees understand CI framework
- Support responsibility for business area CI budget and sustainability planning
- Train new employees in the CI work
- 5-7 years of frontline experience in leadership role
- Strong knowledge of the 5 lenses of Continuous Improvement; understanding of the 4 loops and enabling tools; understanding of the principles, systems and tools that underpin CI
- Awareness of the Continuous Improvement phases (prepare, diagnose, design, implement), the core analyses/activities aligned to each phase and specific understanding of the redesigned process in their business area
- Experience in either Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement in a service or manufacturing environment
- Experience in training and coaching of frontline employees and leaders
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio for Organizational Design only)
- Advanced ability to deliver presentations to executive level leaders
- Advanced communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to work well with others, to build credibility quickly, and to improve a team's performance
- Ability to listen carefully to others, and understand and respond appropriately to messages, explicit or implied (e.g. body language)
- Ability to lead and influence a team and frontline leaders
- Ability to deal with conflict and manage multiple accountabilities in a fast paced environment
- Advanced working knowledge of the organization's change management process and exhibits leadership in establishing structured methodologies
- Advanced collaborative consulting that maximize the achievement of the business outcomes, client commitment and long term sustainability
- Advanced facilitation skills in meetings, processes and operations without requiring support from others
- Approximately 60-70% of the position will involve travel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.