Field Auto Damage Estimator - Eugene, OR
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Field Auto Damage Estimator in Eugene, OR!
This position is eligible for relocation or a sign-on bonus!
*Must currently live or be willing to relocate to Eugene, OR to be considered for this position.*
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for providing a superior level of customer service and attention to customers who have a vehicle that needs repaired. The individual inspects vehicle damage (which may include automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and recreational vehicles), writes damage repair estimates, negotiates moderately complex settlements with repair facilities, and estimates repair times for rental/loss of use. This individual is also responsible for explaining coverage, estimates, claims, settlement, and rental processes to agents and/or customers. The role may be performed at a drive-in location or in the field. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional and courteous customer service
- Traveling to the location of damaged vehicles and/or conducting assessments at one of Allstate's drive-in claims centers
- Accurately documenting estimates on Allstate's state-of-the-art, computerized NextGen claims system
- Providing clear, written correspondence as necessary
- Working well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Achieving targeted performance goals to support Allstate's industry-leading operational standards
- High School/GED plus experience writing estimates for an insurance carrier or in an auto body shop
- Experience with computerized estimating is a plus, preferably CCC
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjuster's license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Please note that, since this is a field service position, you will need to have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.