Investor Relations Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Reporting to the VP, Investor Relations, this position is responsible for implementing Investor Relations strategy by fostering relationships with the Investment Community and developing supporting IR communications including: investor presentations and quarterly financial earnings materials (script, news release and Q&A). The Manager also will conduct market, industry and peer analysis and manage key investor relations programs such as investor day, marketing and other company-sponsored events, etc.
- Serve as a company spokesperson with the financial community by responding to inquiries and proactively making calls by effectively communicating the company's operational and financial performance, while establishing realistic expectations for future performance; develop and maintain relationships with investment community
- Develop as needed investor messages for significant announcements and other related materials, including news releases, presentations, Q&A, fact sheets, scripts
- Develop quarterly earnings communications working collaboratively with communications and finance to develop news release and earnings script, Q&A and maintaining an updated investor deck
- Support investor events including annual Investor Day and Investor Workshops
- Assist in preparing internal presentations and reports for senior management and the Board of Directors on investor sentiment, stock price performance, valuation analysis, changes in stock ownership composition and relevant peer and industry news, etc.
- Track analyst estimates and have in-depth understanding of models; summarize key drivers for management
- Representing the department on projects with other functions.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as communications and marketing, to communicate and build investor understanding inside Assurant with employees and with senior management
- Participate in investor meetings, working with IR management on targeting outreach efforts including assisting with IR calendar developing.
- Explore best-in-class IR practices and drive implementation where applicable
- Assist in management of department staff.
- College degree – preferably with a degree in finance, accounting, communication/PR
- Minimum 5 years' work experience, in investor relations, finance, and/or public relations
- 7+ years' related experience
- Understanding of disclosure laws, SEC and NYSE requirements and sound corporate governance practices
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong financial skills and analytical skills in analyzing financial statements; solid understanding of finance and capital markets
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Recognizes and acts upon opportunities; takes initiative; self-starter yet ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Ability to confidently interact with all levels of management and external investment professionals
- Demonstrates attention to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others
- Takes action to meet and, where possible, exceed needs or expectations
- Thrives in an environment of multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
- Seeks and welcomes unsolicited feedback, and modifies behavior in light of feedback received
- Represent the Company in a positive, effective and professional manner, exhibiting behavior consistent with the Company's values
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Some travel is required.