Agile Project Portfolio Mgr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The IT Portfolio Manager is responsible for partnering with business and IT management to maximize return on the investment in the IT portfolio for an assigned business unit(s). This position is responsible for the annual planning and quarterly review (QBR) to align IT delivery with business priorities, reporting (including financial reporting), and value realization. IT portfolio manager coordinates prioritization of projects and initiatives, runs governance process, and monitors execution against the plan.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Establish and manage effective relationships with the IT management and business stakeholders, by gaining in-depth understanding of the business processes, products, objectives, etc. as well as system capabilities and limitations of the existing and proposed IT systems and applications.
• Monitor performance of projects within portfolio; work with project managers to ensure projects stay aligned to the approved business case, CBA, and the committed timeline.
• Manage portfolio inventory (project backlog) to ensure that prioritization and scheduling of work is in-line with annual plans, business needs, technology initiatives, and available resource capacity.
• Provide financial metrics, inventory stats, value realization and other reports for the leadership business and IT team. Works closely with VR/Finance and governance team to ensure effective use of company investments in the portfolio.
• Ensure that data gathered in portfolio management / ALM tools is clean, consistent, and relevant to the portfolio management process and metrics.
• Work with IT and business management to ensure that portfolio management processes and reports are effective and flexible in meeting organization's objectives
• Work with others to manage and resolve prioritization conflicts, resource issues, scheduling issues, and exceptions
• Make recommendations for improvements of the intake, prioritization, release, and other processes
• Supports the reduction of the overall IT TCO (total cost of ownership)
• Other duties as assigned
• 5 years experience leading multiple concurrent projects and initiatives
• 2 years of experience with software delivery in Agile framework
• Bachelors Degree
• Very strong expeience working with Agile methodoly, including transfer and implementaion
• Proven strong analytical and financial reporting skills
• Knowledge of Project Management, Change management, and SDLC concepts
• Expertise in HP PPM, TFS, Version 1, or other similar Agile and waterfall project management tools
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe) is a plus