Strategic Distribution Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Strategic Distribution Lead Consultant is responsible for supporting the development of strategy and driving necessary changes in the organization for key business initiatives.
The Personalized Insurance Proposal (eProposal) capability is currently countrywide for the first six Allstate Personal Lines (APL) products and will be made available to the remaining APL lines by the end of 2016.This assignment will be specific to building out an A/B foundation and process for testing and learning purposes as it relates to optimized design and content displayed within the proposal. Candidates will also be expected to measure all items that are tested and modify the existing personalized proposal dashboard to best reflect findings. In this role, the candidate will:
- Partner with key business stakeholders to assist with scope definition. Part of the scope definition will also include optimization for content and design
- Interview and engage with top agencies and regional partners to assist with design concepts
- Create concept visual designs to help define business scope and partner with vendor to deliver final visual outputs
- Partner with technology teams to assist with requirements analysis and design
- Assist with project planning and implementation. Provide status updates as necessary
- Partner with education to create appropriate processes and education materials
- Partner with corporate relations to define appropriate communication internally to home office and externally to the field
- Assist with conducting training
- Partner with necessary areas to leverage/build out process and foundation for A/B testing specific to personalized proposals
- Operationalize measurements and incorporate into current personalized proposal dashboard using Tableau
- Consistently plans, implements, and assists in managing projects that are medium scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables cross functionally
- Understands and assists with strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Accountable for ensuring project milestones are on track and projects remain within expected budget
- Establishes and tracks plan performance
- Understands and works on developing cost/ benefit analysis with support
- Communicates and presents project information to project team as well as providing presentation/ updates to senior level management
- Coordinates/evaluates project controls by all impacted AORs
- Determines and enrolls resources/expertise that are necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments from various AORs
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Assists with creating process and concept designs
- Assists in assessing overall feasibility (financial, operational, technical)
- Partners with Strategic Distribution leadership to develop requirements and measurements
- Partners with Strategic Distribution leadership to work on communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs or processes
- Solicits and integrates input from key stakeholders
- Trains/coaches fellow team members or peers
- Actively shares expertise among peers and other disciplines
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience
- Project management certification preferred
- Knowledge of products, services, features and benefits
- Technical understanding of processes, software applications, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Revises or adopts work processes to support change management
- Actively assesses, monitors, and develops bench strength for a department
- Web optimization experience (i.e. A/B testing) and understanding of test and learn methodologies
- Strong preference for candidates who have experience with Tableau dashboards
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.