Investments Financial Consultant - Planning and Analysis Team
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Area of Responsibility: The Investments' Finance and Planning team is responsible for producing timely and insightful results and projection analysis; preparing the annual strategic and operating plans and related forecasts; producing weekly cash flow projections; and developing internal management based reporting for The Allstate Corporation's Investments Portfolio.
- In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Financial Specialist will include:
- Participation in Strategic and Operating plan for the Allstate Corporation investment portfolio
- Ownership of reporting for plan, including maintaining appropriate controls, ensuring consistency between reporting levels, confirming completeness and accuracy of information, and vetting of calculations
- Initial development of plan reporting packages, including charts and tables designed to effectively communicate plan assumptions and related results to plan participants and senior leadership
- Analysis and reporting of progress toward overall Investment goals, requiring a thorough understanding of planned, forecasted and actual results
- Participation in preparation of monthly results package, facilitating communication of income statement trends to both internal and business unit close participants
- Participation on internal management reporting of monthly and quarterly results provided to senior leadership
- Participating in preparing presentations for Board of Director and internal committees
- Financial reporting and financial statement analysis, investment focus preferred
- Ability to understand, analyze and succinctly summarize financial results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with various levels of management via reports, memos, and verbal communications
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Works effectively in a team environment and independently
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments and deadline driven
- 5+ years of finance, accounting and/or reporting experience, preferably in the Investments or Financial Services industries
- Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word. Access and SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools a plus.
- Finance/Accounting Degree required
- CPA/CFA/MBA a plus
Personal Traits & Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Contribute to the creation of a work environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and personal development;
- Be willing to adhere to the following in order to ensure adherence to Allstate Investments compliance requirements and policies
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.