- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Successful execution of this role will be achieved by demonstrating the following key skills:
Ownership and Commitment - Displays personal accountability for achieving the portfolio goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) and actively promotes the strategy of the company as well as that of the global Project Management Office and Connected Car/Arity.
Leadership – contributes to having a motivating environment to work in, which is done through appropriate expectation setting and management, daily personal actions and contributions to the team and community in leaving things better than you found them.
Judgment – is comfortable making decisions in ambiguous environments and is capable of making effective decisions in stressful situations.
Learning Agility - Is able to ask the necessary probing questions to obtain information to logically solve most situations
Key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Understand and live into the pillars and objectives of Connected Car/Arity and partner with leadership to live into the objectives and necessary results for achieving growth and profitability.
- Serves Product Owner role for the Connected Car/Arity governance tools, which includes understanding backlog, working to prioritize and execute on backlog items with the Connected Car/Arity Community.
- Keen ability to work with multiple product teams, varying key performance indicators (KPIs) and backlogs in order to understand product and portfolio insights.
- Support the Connected Car/Arity governance initiatives, which includes partnering with leadership to identify, manage and hold Connected Car/Arity community accountable for governing KPIs and metrics.
- As the Product Owner, partner, lead and facilitate the selection, implementation and management of the governing and collaboration tools.
- Partner with leadership to assess and report on the health of the Portfolio KPIs in an objective manner providing transparency, status, and required follow-up and/or necessary escalation.
- Facilitation of the product portfolio, which includes scheduling and managing weekly meetings and performing necessary follow-up.
- Partner with various product leaders to engage and provide visibility into critical release planning and timing.
- Partner with leadership to represent our work in all corporate governance, compliance and regulatory forums.
- Project Management experience to be able to plan, manage and drive work while assessing, communicating and/or escalating risks and issues for proper management and resolution.
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably be required in support of the evolving portfolio and governance needs.
- Managed or owned KPIs in an organization that builds and manages desired, world-class software products.
- Has previously served in a Product Owner role.
- Familiarity with governing initiative tools like Jira, Rally or other comprehensible tool for backlog management, Microsoft's project or prism or other comprable work management tools.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools like Confluence, Slack, HipChat, Skype for Business
- Relevant project management certification i.e. PRINCE, PMP
- Agile Methodology certification e.g. Certified Scrum Master (SCM), Certified Product Owner (CPO)
- Ability to travel
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.