Field Auto Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an experienced Field Auto Adjuster servicing Waterford, MI!
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
In this vital role, you will be responsible for investigating accidents and evaluating and estimating auto collision damages to prepare itemized damage appraisals outlining costs of parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-loss condition. This will require travel to sites where the damaged vehicles are located, as well as in our Drive-In estimating facility. Laptop computer technology is used to complete estimates. Job tasks also include corresponding with customers over the phone, obtaining police reports, and negotiating damage settlements in a caring and professional manner. Candidates will be required to draw accurate conclusions on vehicle total loss declarations based on damage assessments, manage customer interactions and expectations effectively during the claims process, and manage concurrent tasks throughout the claims process professionally and efficiently and in accordance with operational standards. You will be expected to demonstrate progression and targeted improvement (skills and professionalism) in alignment with performance expectations; all while documenting claim activity on Allstate's state-of-the-art claim system, and following processes that provide fair settlements or claim resolutions, customer satisfaction and excellent cost management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional and courteous customer service
- Investigates moderately complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates and locates parts
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- May determine valuation of salvage
- Evaluates diminished value in a basic claim
- Traveling to the location of damaged vehicles and/or conducting assessments at one of Allstate's drive-in claims centers
- Accurately documenting estimates on Allstate's state-of-the-art, computerized NextGen claims system
- Providing clear, written correspondence as necessary
- Working well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Achieving targeted performance goals to support Allstate's industry-leading operational standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with computerized estimating is a plus, preferably CCC
- Valid Driver's License required
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work independently
- ICAR Certifications are especially desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military experience is a plus!
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.