- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Process Engineer is responsible for the design, develop and analyze processes as well as create process control documents to support all production repair functions. You must also deploy established documents to ensure consistent, reliable and high quality level product within economic constraints. We need you to apply your "hands on", "roll up your sleeves" experience to deploy efficient and capable processes to low volume, high mix manufacturing and electronic repair and assembly in response to business requirements.
· Evaluate level 1-4 repair processes to maximize efficiency. Affected processes to include but not limited to soldering, cosmetics, assembly, device programming, component level testing, and final assembly functional and RF testing.
· Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel) for purpose of editing, revising, and creating production documentation.
· Perform time studies to establish process baselines and lead / participate in improvement initiatives.
· Support manufacturing operations with regards to device failure validation, root cause analysis, corrective action implementation.
· Coordinate with Assurant QA and Materials associates to address line impacting component escalations and determine alternate source components.
· Analyze production data and interpret results to direct improvement initiatives.
· Design and develop fixturing / tooling to drive process efficiencies.
· Process / manufacturing facility layout designs to maximize throughput, yields, and quality
· Perform root cause failure analysis on field failures (returns) and repair process failures.
· Identify and report deficiencies and potential improvements to the department Supervisor
· Actively identify & pursue process improvement initiatives
Associates degree with a minimum of 3+years of related industry experience including working with
complex Schematic, layouts and diagrams and interpreting ISB's, CSb's and FSB's and other product specific documentation