QC Underwriter II - Tampa
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Perform a defined collateral underwriting process for all non-complex to complex mortgage related valuation products to verify their compliance with USPAP, defined industry regulatory standards (i.e. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) and client specific reporting guidelines.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Perform a quality review of non-complex to complex real estate valuations including initial, subsequent and post complete revisions with the objective of verifying their compliance with USPAP, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and client specific guidelines.
- Provide support for non-complex to complex real estate valuations via inbound and outbound phone calls, email and internal messaging for clients and appraisers as related to appraisal report status and inquiries, as well as client specific and industry guidelines.
- Identify and escalate highly complex quality related client concerns and/or property issues to Quality Control Appraisal Advocate's.
- Identify and escalate highly complex service related client concerns and/or outdated/incomplete order information to Quality Control Supervisor.
- Identify and report SLA and compliance concerns to the internal audit department.
- Analyze client originated revision and/or value reconsideration requests for Appraiser Independence Requirement compliance, amending as needed.
- Engage Appraisers on StreetLinks and client originated revision and/or value reconsideration requests, ensuring client SLAs are met as well as reporting status to appropriate parties.
- Engage Appraisers on StreetLinks and client originated quality and service based re-orders and re-assignments, ensuring client SLAs are met as well as reporting status to appropriate parties.
- Perform valuation related research to verify information provided within the report.
- Undergo training, periodic testing and continued education as deemed necessary to maintain and improve skill set.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work hours are based on a 40 hours per week requirement and can include shifts on all days of the week 8am-10pm, Regular schedule will be provided by manager. Occasional holiday shifts may be required based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years' experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, data entry, and Internet Explorer
- Minimum of two years Real Estate valuation experience required (i.e., former underwriter, processor, licensed appraiser, appraiser trainee) with demonstrated review experience.
- Minimum two years of loan underwriting or appraisal experience
- Candidates are required to take and pass the National USPAP Equivalency exam after a 90 day probationary period
Preferred Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Two year Associate Degree preferred
- Continued education courses are required every two years or as the industry dictates
- Knowledge of all real estate valuation products, GSE requirements, industry standards and regulations.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification
- Ability to work independently and need little supervision
- Communicates effectively both orally and written
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact with peers and managers with tact and diplomacy
- Intermediate computer skills including multi-screen capability
- Team spirited, but able to work individually as well.
- Regular timely attendance is an essential job function
- Ability to process confidential information and consistently perform with a high level of customer service
- Typing Skills 40-plus WPM
This position will be in our StreetLinks Lender Solutions® division. StreetLinks provides an innovative and comprehensive suite of valuation services and lending technology solutions to banks, lenders and other mortgage industry firms. StreetLinks' commitment to quality and service, embodied by our partnership approach to clients and appraisers, continues to set us apart as the nation's premier lending solutions partner. StreetLink's products and services are used by thousands of mortgage bankers and appraisers nationwide to simplify and improve everyday business operations. For more information, visit www.streelinks.com