Market Manager - Brooklyn/Queens
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our service providers (technicians).
The Good Hands Rescue Network (GHRN) Market Manager will perform field-related activities for growing and sustaining a crowdsourced service network in one or more markets, managing network performance to exceed customer and provider expectations.
What You'll Do:
Analytics. Proactively identify network performance improvements using data and analytics tools provided by the central operations team
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps, manage operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performance. Be accountable for achieving local network performance targets (timeliness, quality, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Establish and monitor team and individual performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Implement and support a crowdsourced network of individual service providers in a local market with the guidance and support of a regional manager
- Lead local service provider sourcing and recruitment, education, validation, onboarding, support, and relationship development and communications
- Be accountable for achieving local network performance targets (timeliness, quality, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Participate in the regional leadership team, regularly sharing observations and ideas and contributing to the evolution of business strategy and practices
- Promote a culture of high performance, collaboration, learning, and skillful innovation and evolution
Manage loss control and fraud detection
- Ensure team members receive timely and appropriate training and development
Structure – As a member of a regional GHRN leadership team this position reports directly to a Regional Manager, who reports to a Zone Leader. A Market Manager will typically have no direct reports.
- High school degree required, BA degree preferred
- 3+ years in roadside assistance or a similar service network including supervisory or administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with service providers (technicians) and promote excellence and high morale
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong in-person presentation skills to communicate with groups of service providers
- Ability to represent Allstate Roadside Service (ARS) and Allstate Good Hands Rescue Network (GHRN) in local forums such as community organizations and schools
- Moderate skills in operational analysis including using Excel and self-service analytics tools
- Occasional travel required
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.