At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward moving organization. At Progressive, we continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Consultant to champion our core values while partnering with management in our Information Technology organization. You'll support approximately 450 IT professionals as we continue to make Progressive a great place to work. The ideal candidate has 8+ years of HR consultant experience, the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships, experience coaching and counseling others, and a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
At Progressive, you will have exciting career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years related professional experience in Human Resources or management; In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of related professional experience in Human Resources or management
- Solid understanding of Human Resource procedures, principles and concepts in the following areas: employee relations, recruiting, training & development, performance management, compensation & benefits, safety
- Solid understanding of Federal and state regulations governing employment including: Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Family Medical Leave Act
- Ability to operate a personal computer with a good working knowledge of the following software applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good written and oral communications skills, with the ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations
- Ability to calmly facilitate situations involving conflict and stress
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Proven ability to influence and challenge others while maintaining partnerships
- Proven ability in the application of HR knowledge/experience to resolve issues
- Proven ability to problem solve independently and without authority
- Proven ability to understand the strategies of the business and HR's role in support
What Progressive Offers:
- Gainshare bonus (Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability)
- 401(k) plan
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
How to Apply:
Job: Human Resources Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer.