Senior Manager, Data Management & Analytics
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Senior Manager of Data Management & Analytics leads the teams responsible for the development, modeling, selection and analysis of AAA Life's strategic plans and direct mail/marketing programs. Oversees the development and revisions of direct marketing programs and makes recommendations which support the acquisition and retention of AAA Life customers. Works with club executives and external and internal personnel in order to create collaborative marketing programs, and determine data selections, list segmentations, campaign/product improvements and other required resources to ensure the achievement of all objectives.
- Manage a staff that develops direct mail forecasts and programs, recommends and implements list segmentation strategies, and conducts ongoing performance evaluation of programs.
- Manage the internal marketing database (“Shadow”) and oversee the maintenance of the vendor-hosted marketing data warehouse. Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business and improve marketing performance.
- Provide leadership and creativity by utilizing advanced quantitative methods from the fields of statistics, operations research, economics and data mining to identify opportunities to bring value to the business and influence decision making.
- Manage the statistical model development, model repository and maintain scoring process so that files are scored and available for campaign selection. Validate the performance of statistical models and test/evaluate new data sources.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate channel marketing strategy, with an understanding and strategic view on all internal/external factors and influences.
- Manage the development of test programs regarding direct marketing activities (i.e. direct mail, telemarketing, broadcast media, print media) to promote the acquisition and retention of AAA Life customers. Establish test parameters, recommends outside resources, solicits test clubs, and generates reports to monitor results. Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results.
- Develop and manage the Company's customer marketing and retention initiatives that maximize the lifetime value of AAA Life Customers. These initiatives include management of existing cross sell programs as well as the development of a comprehensive plan that will address pro-active lapse management, conservation, upgrade at issue, and other initiatives utilizing direct mail, e-commerce, and phone based customer service channels.
- Contribute to the establishment of department goals and objectives. Prepare annual department budget for AAA Life Direct Marketing programs and monitor expenditures to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Provide input to department management regarding opportunities to develop insurance products and marketing programs. Manage staff to research selected direct mail opportunities and report on findings.
- Negotiate deftly with internal and external partners (vendors, engineers, other channel managers, senior management) to deliver on cross-functional projects with tight timelines, tight budgets, and very material impact.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, and training of assigned personnel. Schedule work hours and assigns job duties. Evaluate employee work performance. Counsel, evaluate and recommend the discipline or termination of subordinates as indicated.
- Oversee and troubleshoot the Adobe direct mail campaign selection process.
- Oversee the development of reports and ad hoc analyses that help understand direct marketing patterns, identify differences among our customer groups, usage behaviors and recognize opportunities for improvement.
- Work under pressure, yet with attention to detail and accuracy, to meet the marketing deadlines
Given the strategic nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative, analytical, and technical skills, ideally with several years driving direct marketing strategies in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree, in Business, Marketing, Statistics, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional experience managing data, systems or processes, preferably within a marketing environment.
- 7+ years of management experience. Must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources - qualitative analysis a plus.
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Expert user of SQL, Excel, and some modeling software.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Additional Experience preferred:
- Experience working with strategic planners for the purposes of incorporating customer analytics, campaign analytics, forecasting, and reporting. Experience with controlled testing/analysis.
- Experience with Direct Mail is a plus.
- Experience with SPSS Stat or SPSS Modeler is a plus.