Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This candidate will work in the Construction Claim organization of Travelers Insurance. We are a dedicated group of insurance professionals that specialize in servicing the unique needs of the Construction industry. We are a group of highly trained and diversified people that are imbedded with Underwriting and Risk Control professionals that handle eleven states in the Midwest. Collaboration is the key to our success.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for:
- Investigating, evaluating, reserving, negotiating and resolving Construction general liability claims.
- Providing quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle which includes maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations.
- Serving as a contact and technical resource to the field and our business partners.
- This job does not manage staff.
-Handles Construction liability claims, both property damage and bodily injury, of moderate severity/complexity, including some litigation.
-Provides quality customer service. Fulfills specific service commitments made to certain accounts and inquiries from agents and brokers.
-Ensures quality and timely coverage analysis and communication with insured based on application of policy information to facts or allegations of each case. Consults with Manager on use of Claim Coverage Counsel as needed.
-Directly investigates each claim to:
- Determine the facts and evaluate liability and contractual risk transfer
- Verify the nature and extent of injury or property damage by obtaining, reviewing and analyzing appropriate records and damage documentation.
- Actively engages appropriate internal and/or external resources as required to effectively evaluate claims
- Maintains claim files and documents claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
-Attends and/or presents at roundtables/authority discussions for collaboration of technical expertise.
-Shares experience and knowledge of creative resolution techniques to improve the claim results of others.
-Actively provides mentoring and coaching to less experienced claim professionals to increase the technical expertise and improve bench strength.
-Applies the Company's claim quality management protocols and Best Practices to all claims.
-Responsible for prompt, proper disposition of all claims within delegated authority levels by:
- Developing and employing creative resolution strategies.
- Developing litigation plans with counsel, including discovery and legal expenses.
- Tracking and controlling legal expenses to assure cost-effective resolution.
- Attending depositions, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trials, trials and all other legal proceedings, as needed.
- Negotiating with insureds, claimants and/or their legal representatives.
- Acting within established professional guidelines as well as applicable state laws.
-Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree preferred. 3 years business experience preferred. Advanced level knowledge and skill in claim and litigation. Basic working level knowledge and skill in various business line products. Strong negotiation and customer service skills. Skilled in coverage, liability and damages analysis and has a thorough understanding of the litigation process, relevant case and statutory law and expert litigation management skills. Extensive claim and/or legal experience and technical expertise to evaluate severe and complex claims. Able to make independent decisions on most assigned cases without involvement of supervisor. Openness to the ideas and expertise of others actively solicits input and shares ideas. Thorough understanding of commercial lines products, policy language, exclusions, ISO forms, and effective claims handling practices. Demonstrated coaching, influence and persuasion skills. Advanced written and verbal communication skills are required so as to understand, synthesize, interpret and convey, in a simplified manner, complex data and information to audiences with varying levels of expertise. Can adapt to and support cultural change. Strong technology aptitude; ability to use business technology tools to effectively research, track, and communicate information.
Analytical Thinking - Basic Judgment/Decision Making - Basic Communication - Intermediate Negotiation - Intermediate Insurance Contract Knowledge - Intermediate Principles of Investigation - Intermediate Value Determination - Intermediate Settlement Techniques - Intermediate Legal Knowledge - Basic Medical Knowledge - Intermediate
High School Diploma or GED required. In order to perform the essential job functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, License(s) are required to be obtained within three months of starting the job.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE