NOC Voice Service-Engineer III - Weekday 2nd Shift
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are currently recruiting for an entry level Avaya Platform Service Engineer to join our Network Operations Center. This is a support role with the following responsibilities:
- Support responsibilities include troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management, post-mortem analysis, and root cause identification.
- Supporting Voice applications, including Verint, Redsky, Proactive Outreach Manager, Call Back Assist, Experience Portal, and Interaction Center.
- Supporting IP-PBXs (VoIP/SIP), legacy PBX systems (TDM), call management systems, various voicemail systems, IP/SIP soft-phones, IP Phones, automatic call distribution (ACD) (Call Center) and interactive voice response (IVR) systems.
- Supporting internal enterprise users nationwide, including troubleshooting and problem resolution for operating system and hardware issues.
- Building strong, positive relationships with internal team members, as well as engineering teams, and field users in business offices and call centers.
- Entry level position to the Voice Telecommunications industry.
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Good troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or MIS, or equivalent support experience in a large datacenter environment.
- Entry level knowledge of Voice Hardware/Software including but not limited to VoIP (H.323/SIP) and traditional voice networking (TDM – ISDN and RBS).
- Entry level knowledge of IP-PBXs (VoIP/SIP) and legacy PBX systems (TDM).
- Entry level knowledge of call management systems.
- Entry level knowledge of Voicemail Systems, IP/SIP soft-phones, and IP Phones.
- Entry level knowledge of Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Systems and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.