ARE-Spcl Events-Sr Cons II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Responsible for providing all logistics relating to special events as well as meeting support processes, encompassing internal and external meetings.
The Admin and Real Estate Special Events Senior Consultant plans, manages and implements all aspects of in-house meetings, conferences and events assigned by senior management and leadership in a manner that is consistent with Allstate's overall corporate objectives and procedures. Responsibilities could include leading a meeting support/conference planning team to produce desired results, maintaining accurate and complete budget reports, reconciliation, post event follow up, reviewing and analyzing the outcome to determine effectiveness for each event. This position will work closely with leadership and internal and external industry professionals.
· Manage work flow to ensure successful completion of events.
· Review performance of personnel, mentoring/coaching of employees.
· Review internal processes and recommend strategies to reduce cost and improve efficiencies.
· Foster professional, productive, efficient and safe working environment in accordance with company and departmental policies and risk management.
· Works with internal and external clients to plan and coordinate events/meeting logistics.
· Coordinates food/beverage, travel, and entertainment for special events and high profile meetings.
· Assists with budget preparation, management, and reconciliation. Review billing for accuracy.
· Review service contracts for facilities, transportation, vendor coordination, and entertainment related events.
· Share work process knowledge with staff to enhance advancement opportunities.
· Plan, implement, manage, and/or contribute to programs using accepted program management standards.
· Assist in the creation of all SLA's and KPI's and ensure they are met.
· Improve policies and procedures in support of organizational goals. Formulate and recommend policies and procedures to maximize output.
· Responsible for the documentation of processes and procedures for special events and high profile meetings.
· Assist with project management activities on capital conference space renovations.
· Create and deliver formal and informal presentations.
· Communicate with all levels of the organizations.
· Develop a working knowledge to all work processes within Administration & Real Estate.
· Determine where additional resources/expertise may be necessary to successfully complete special events/meetings.
· Build strong relationships amongst internal and external customers as well as team members.
· Interact with senior officers and external partner vendors on significant matters often requiring coordination between all parties.
· Increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of the team in delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.
· Research, recommend and develop new technologies to enhance the conference planning/meeting support process. Include reservation applications and communication technology.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years of industry experience. Hospitality/convention center environments preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong planning and organization skills which includes attention to details
- Knowledge of financial planning and budget
- Good understanding of industry practices
- Recommend solutions to a variety of problems
- Deliver outstanding customer satisfaction
- Plan, manage, and schedule own activities in accomplishing objectives
- Creatively be objective to customer requirements to ensure positive customer outcomes
- Recognize Allstate objectives and goals for each audience in attendance for any program
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.