Insurance Specialist I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage
lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include
insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as
renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves
clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services
in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty
Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and
have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under
the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $32 billion in assets and $10 billion in annual revenue. Assurant
has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://
As an Insurance Specialist, you'll use your excellent customer service skills and your problem solving ability to efficiently
and effectively respond to incoming customer inquiries and/or concerns in a high call volume environment. Assurant
Specialty Property is looking for an energetic person who will be responsible for providing exceptional front line customer
service to our policyholders and clients. If you are a problem solver and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment,
this is the career for you!
- Responding to incoming customer inquiries in a high volume inbound call center environment via telephone or in writing.
This position will receive 70 to 100 calls per day.
- Supporting processing functions such as issuing insurance policies, certificates, endorsements, and cancellations for
clients, customers, and agents.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving customer and client processing problems or errors that include department premium
discrepancies and system problems.
- Communicating with external clients as well as internal departments.
This is a full time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- 1 year customer service experience in a high call volume environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs and basic data entry skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work Saturdays as needed.
- Property and Casualty knowledge and/or agency experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance License.
- Call center experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates must be able to speak, read and write effectively in both languages.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life
insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment
with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal,
state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://jobs.assurant.com/.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)