Supply Chain Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant is seeking a Supply Chain Manager at our York site! This Manager will enhance the organization's ability to meet objectives through robust Supply Chain management that ensures that both our internal and external material flows are in concert with the customer demand. This position is responsible for the execution of supply chain processes based on real time data, historical trends, and product life cycle. Develops strong JIT supply chain relationships, processes, and procedures that drive cost-effective results.
- Manages staff evaluating, developing, and leading employees: establishing accountabilities and priorities; resolving team problems; stimulating maximum efficiency and productivity; establishes and maintains adherence to policies and procedures (transactional control).
- Utilizing Life Cycle and historical trends to develop Demand Plans that mirror actual customer demand.
- Develops and executes Master Schedules that most effectively utilized material and repair resources.
- Executes material plans by employing lean procedures that provide world class controls and utilization of our inventory assets.
- Establishes and monitors key performance indicators for supply chain and perpetual inventories driving identification and correction to assure product availability and minimize obsolescence.
- Develop a cost-effective external supply chain in concert with material plans, matching supplier capabilities with internal requirements. Ensures continuous capacity for future demands by identifying, investigating, and recommending suppliers, researching and analyzing parts, equipment and material availability; expanding industry knowledge; keeping abreast of industry trends; communicating future repair requirements with suppliers and negotiating best price.
- Improves operating efficiency and reduces operating costs by employing six sigma concepts in developing and implementing improved processes, procedures, and programs: negotiating price reductions with suppliers; purchasing cost effective material; ensuring credits applied for returned material.
- Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- Supports compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation. Works closely with the IT organization to optimize materials systems and control.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Materials Management
- Five (5) years experience in Supply Chain
- Three (3) years in a leadership role) in supply chain management with an emphasis on developing and maintaining effective supplier relations.
- Broad experience is suppler selection, purchasing, negotiating, control, and management
- Knowledge of cost and inventory management systems MRP / ERP
- Familiarity with LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Wireless or consumer electronics logistics / repair / manufacturing
- APICS certification