Internal Control Audit Coordinator (SOX)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Overview: This individual will be responsible for ensuring that ADS's financial reporting, operational, and compliance controls are properly designed and effective. This includes ensuring adherence to Allstate's SOX compliance process and any regulatory compliance initiatives. Additionally, the individual will support internal and external audit engagements.
- Audit planning and execution, including risk assessment, process analysis, and control evaluation.
- Coordinating the work of other project members on leadership assignments.
- Providing support to internal and external audit engagements
- Coordinating reporting and issue remediation with Compliance and Governance & Controls units.
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects.
Leading non-complex internal control review engagements.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment.
- Able to set project timeframes for self and team members to meet project objectives with minimal oversight.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Understanding of audit theory and application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with the unknown.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Basic critical thinking and problem solving skills around business issues.
- Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Audit, Accounting or similar field
- Direct experience evaluating and testing internal controls a plus
- College degree required - major preference of Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA, CISA or CIA certification a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.