- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG is seeking an inside claims representative for the Gulf Coast Region Office in webster, Texas. This position will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle commercial and personal property and casualty claims.▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Review assignments to determine severity, coverages and appropriate action.
- Conduct phone interviews and take recorded statements from all parties possessing facts regarding the claim.
- Review and interpret policy coverage to determine whether the claim is payable under the policy, deductible, actual cash value or replacement cost.
- Write reports for the claim file to document all activity related to loss.
- Evaluate the loss/damages.
- Prepare files for arbitration.
- Negotiate with contractors or repair facilities regarding extent of damage and method of repair. Recover salvage and sell to appropriate salvage buyer.
- Keep current on court cases, changes in law, values and prices of property and materials.
- Promote positive working relationships with agents.
- Participate in company sponsored educational programs to develop and maintain knowledge of products, producers and industry trends.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
- Four year college degree is preferred. A high school diploma is required.
- 1 - 3 years of property and casualty insurance claims experience.
- AIC, SCLA, CCLA or PCLA designation preferred, or complete within orne ore more within two years of hire.
- Ability to meet appropriate state licensing requirements as needed.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret policy language and apply to loss.
Must possess negotiation skills, human relations skills, analytical skills, organization skills as well as oral and written communication skills.