Underwriter - Professional Liability
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The RLI Professional Services Group is seeking an Underwriter with previous experience in a national professional liability insurance program. Prior involvement with the architects, engineers, and surveyors classes of business is preferred, but not mandatory. Additional experience in underwriting property, general liability, auto, and workers compensation is a plus. Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Analyzing, evaluating, accepting or declining, rating, quoting, and binding new and renewal business submissions.
- Reviewing simple to moderately complex submissions, with a focus on evaluating losses and other underwriting criteria, and determining profitable premiums.
- Building relationships with brokers, reinsurers, and other industry representatives.
- Assisting in the evaluation of change requests for policies.
- Assisting with special projects or other duties as needed.
- Ability to use analytical methods to find workable underwriting solutions.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions for the Professional Services Group.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal and external contacts.
- Ability to use software to summarize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Insurance or a related field and 2-5 years of experience in a similar field or position.