Claims Reporting Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Claims Reporting Analyst is responsible for analyzing all claims data to create and maintain all necessary reports using various reporting and analytic tools. Assist other departments to better understand loss development and loss trend patterns. Will also work with other departments to manage claims projects or claims aspects of other projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and monitor claims dashboard to better understand loss development, loss trend patterns, claims expenses, and operational efficiency.
Prepare, analyze, and support scheduled and ad hoc reports for the claims department
- Including but not limited to metrics on performance, both at the department level and individual level.
- Manage all on-going projects for the claims department
- Collaborate with both internal and external business partners
- Provide reports to Executive Team as needed
Maintain and manage department budget by creating and implementing an annual department budget and financial strategic plan.
- Coordinate preparation of department budget and forecast, along with monitoring and providing explanation of variances/exceptions/deviations
- Manage monthly departmental accounting/budget cycle to include approval of travel policy and expense policy
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with extracting data from various databases utilizing Microsoft SQL (basic queries, SQL Workbench) and Tableau
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Policy Management Systems/Claims Operation Systems.
- Ability to leverage technology and working relationships to solve business problems. Innovative and collaborative approach to problem solving to achieve business results
- Proactive in dealing with customers and takes ownership and responsibility for driving issues to resolution
- Excellent time management skills. Proven record of successful delivery of reports/dashboards
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment
- Excellent communication skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, statistics, risk management, business administration, or an equivalent degree.
- 2+ years developing and designing operational reports/dashboards
- Insurance industry experience-prior P&C insurance. Claims knowledge preferred
- Up to 10% travel required
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.