Senior Instructional Designer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Operate within the core values and principles of the organization, the Senior Instructional Designer, analyzes, designs, develops, implements and evaluates programs and processes intended to improve agent's performance in sales and service for life and annuity products. Develops and maintains course content for all training materials. As needed, conducts instructor-led training.
- Responsible for analysis, design, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of learning and performance improvement solutions.
- Plans and monitors instructional design projects, including timelines, resource requirements and project risk.
- Consults with other business units and field organizations/agencies in developing educational strategies to improve sales agent performance.
- Effectively work with subject matter experts (SME) using a variety of methods to establish learning objectives and course content to support training requirements.
- Establish a formal process using design documents and storyboards to facilitate creating course content using the ADDIE instructional design model.
- Writes course content for all training delivery methods with heavy emphasis on web-based training.
- Develops performance support tools (instructional aids and self-instructional materials).
- Creates and delivers training for sales agents with special emphasis on life insurance products, regulations, sales processes and marketing concepts.
- Assists in the administration of the Learning Management System including uploading and publishing content and user data; troubleshoots issues with the LMS and acts as liaison with technical support.
- Responsible for vendor relationships, including Learnshare (LMS), Trivantis (course-development software) and voice-over artists.
- Works with Compliance and SME's to ensure accuracy of final training material.
- Establishes appropriate networks to keep informed of updates needed for existing training material.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing and developing training material
- Experience in Financial Services required, Life Insurance experience a plus
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience developing courses using programs such as Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Flash, a plus
- Some travel may be required