- Career Level
- Not Specified
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Accepts, rejects or modifies new and renewal business for all Personal Lines with limited guidance to ensure a profitable personal book of business. Reviews risk acceptability to make subjective decisions based on underwriting guidelines; ensuring standards for state compliance regulations are met. Uses creativity and underwriting knowledge to engineer risks and retain business.
Responsible for managing a field of agents to achieve company growth and profitability targets. Develops on-going relationships with agents, conducts inbound and outbound calls with agents to discuss market appetite, quality of submissions and encourage profitable growth. Keeps agents updated on underwriting and/or product changes.
Manages a moderately complex to complex book of business to maximize profitability and growth. Reviews loss ratios and growth for agents when evaluating and making agency exceptions. Trains newer underwriters and is a resource within underwriting department.
Partners with Agency Performance Management team and Territory Managers to identify trends and patterns that might create problems and works with agents to correct.
Trains and educations agency staff on Company products, services, underwriting philosophy, etc.
Travels with Territory Manager to different agent locations to develop agency partnerships.
- College level coursework in Business Administration or a related field or the equivalent in related work experience
- CPCU, IIA, LOMA or other insurance-related coursework
- Knowledge of applicable property/casualty/commercial insurance products and processing procedures
- Successful completion of ACG Underwriter Trainee Program
- Additional Preferred Qualifications for Meemic positions:
- Experience in Teleprocessing
- Attain (within 30 days of hire) and maintain all appropriate state property and casualty insurance producer licenses
- IMS/POS experience with insurance transactions