Allstate Benefits Field Sales Trainer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Allstate Benefits is one of America's leading voluntary, supplemental benefit providers. Founded in 1956 as American Heritage Life Insurance Company and acquired by The Allstate Corporation in 1999, we have the strength of a nationally recognized and trusted brand behind our comprehensive and competitive product portfolio. Our Critical Illness, Accident, Cancer and Universal Life products are ranked #1 in the industry for Worksite Sales by LIMRA, plus we also offer disability income, hospital indemnity, vision and dental insurance. All products are underwritten by American Heritage Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation. Our home office is located in Jacksonville, Florida. More than 31,000 companies across the U.S. choose to put our products to work for them, protecting their most valuable asset – their employees.
Field Sales Training at Allstate Benefits (AB), provides Training and Sales Support for the Field Sales Unit. This includes training of the AB Sales Process, Products, Procedures, Implementation and Sales Technology to achieve corporate sales goals.
The Allstate Benefits Trainer position is responsible for new hire onboarding and enhanced training opportunities for existing employees of the Exclusive Agent channel, Independent Agent channel and the Vice President of National Accounts channel. The trainer will also engage in educational and training activities of external distribution and service partners, including agents, brokers, enrollment firms, ben admin partners, etc. This role will act as a mentor for less experienced employees on the team.
Lead development and delivery of comprehensive field training curriculum for new hires and existing employees, focusing on
- Group and Individual contracts
- Employee and Employer paid plans
- State exceptions
- Competitive positioning
Business model process
- Functional business units – roles / responsibilities
- Business protocols / guidelines
- Submission, service and support
- Proprietary tools / support
- Targeted marketing and sales programs, as defined by the management team
- Product portfolio
- 5+ years of training experience required (in person and/or virtually)
- 5+ years of employee benefits experience or voluntary benefits experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel
- State life and health insurance license required
- Valid Driver's license required
- Sales or sales support experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills of collaboration and persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote setting, and yet build critical relationships with home office and field personnel, as well as key third party distribution partners
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to write and develop various communication and presentation materials designed to educate and promote Allstate products and services within the industry
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with an ability conduct industry comparisons of Allstate products and services versus our competitor group, elevating key points of differentiation
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position. Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.