- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes' America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
As a marketing representative you will be working with an awarded Top Workplace. Here is what you'll be doing on a daily basis: generate profitable production from the assigned territory by promoting products to existing agencies, prospect, develop and appointing new agencies. In addition, foster, assist and promote company staff and agency personnel relationships.▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Call on prospective agencies, investigate to determine acceptability and appoint new agencies within the State Marketing Plan. Promote growth and manage agencies in territory.
- Choose site and timing of agency meetings. Work with team on topics to be covered.
- Assist in scheduling Agency Advisory Board meetings, choosing the members, determining the agenda and planning the meetings. Conduct Agency Reviews.
- Visit with agencies on past due accounts. Work with agencies to ensure they maintain a current pay status.
- Keep apprised of what the competition is doing and disseminate information. Gather materials that other companies use. Assist underwriting in developing products that we can use to compete with, meet or beat the competition.
- Review territory and schedule route where necessary. Schedule appointments. Report on agency visits. Answer correspondence from company and agencies. Pre-plan for agency calls.
- Serve as liaison between company and agency to resolve problems and promote a positive working relationship. Monitor agency performance to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
- Inspect and evaluate prospective risks for agents. Underwrite, rate and quote when requested (field underwriting). Make sales calls with agents to explain and promote products.
- Present life products that United Life has to offer.
- Maintain a current driver's license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Three-five years of property/casualty insurance or insurance related experience
- Carrier marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurance, underwriting, rating coverages and contracts, written and oral communication skills, human relations skills, general knowledge of other department functions within an insurance company including billing
- Presentation and negotiation skills necessary.
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written
An outstanding candidate will be able to:
- Build, maintain strong relationships with the agents
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Visit insured's and potential insured's place of business
- Assist agents in placing commercial accounts
- Make regularly scheduled agency calls