Risk Engineering Representative Senior
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for providing loss control services of a moderately complex nature through risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement service for multiple lines of business. This position is also responsible for the coordination of local accounts.
1. Provides risk evaluation services through timely and accurate site surveys to identify and evaluate loss exposure, hazards and controls for large risks.
2. Provides consultative risk improvement services to clients through the analysis and evaluation of existing loss control measures, report preparation, safety consultations, and the development of recommendations and corrective action plans to improve loss potential. Will conduct safety training meetings for clients and staff.
3. Establishes, directs and coordinates loss control services for local accounts.
4. Identify potential service opportunities.
5. Increase and broaden knowledge/expertise of the loss control discipline through internal and external training programs. This includes keeping abreast of industry trends, developments, regulatory changes, and state of the art practices to ensure continued effective risk evaluation and consultation.
6. Provides technical expertise to staff to ensure proper adherence to company policies, procedures and standards.
BA/BS in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, Science or equivalent work experience and a Professional Industry Designation (e.g., CSP, ALCM, CFPS, ARM, etc.)
3 to 5 years of previous loss prevention experience with good capabilities in conducting Risk Evaluations of large accounts.
Good understanding of Risk Improvement Services of large accounts. Ability to provide safety consultations and develop effective, result oriented actions plans to improve loss potential on large accounts.
Good overall technical knowledge of industry trends, developments and current standards.
Written; strong skills to compose and write reports, proposals, business correspondence, technical bulletins and procedure manuals in a clear and concise manner.
Oral; strong skills to extemporaneously explain complex information in an easily understandable manner to insured's, agents, company staff. Listens to customers and gets clarifications.
Strong training and presentation skills. Reasonable and predictable attendance.
Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.