Bodily Injury Adjuster - Miami
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Are you looking for a challenging and engaging career? Are you driven to achieve incredible feats of growth in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company? Then we want to talk to you. We are building the team to take Windhaven™ Insurance to the next level and we are committed to our mission, culture, data-driven decision making, hard-work, and entrepreneurship.
The Bodily Injury Adjuster will effectively manage an inventory of BI claims by maintaining good production numbers, high customer service levels and accuracy. The BI Adjuster will review and analyze bodily injury claim files for the PIP Department in order to determine potential exposures, identify cases that should be recommended for settlement, and develop strategic plans that will be efficient, cost-effective and done in a quality manner.
- Review and manage daily caseload files and meet assigned production numbers
- Analyze BI claim files to determine potential exposures, identify cases that should be recommended for settlement, negotiate settlements and secure dismissals
- Communicate with insureds, claimants, attorneys, body shops and medical staff on a regular basis
- Maintain accurate records and case files, keeping timely notes and status updates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years Bodily Injury (BI) claims adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry.
- Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing.
- Knowledge of automobile damage, mechanics of bodily injury, medical terminology, settlement negotiations and insurance case law.
- Must have a valid adjusters license – 520/620
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions based on facts presented by customers and/or through additional fact gathering and investigations.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced problem solving and organizational skills
- Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.