At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life — and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you'll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
The Email Service Management (SM) Team within the CRM Business Function Platform has an exciting opportunity for an IT Software Developer Lead to help grow the Email SM Team's digital service applications and service. The Email Team's mission is to manage the production support of Email delivery, content and source data, along with supporting projects associated with new emails. By increasing the confidence of the quality of email delivery and vendor solutions, we enable achievement of Progressive business goals and objectives in the digital services space.
In this role you will help enhance and stabilize the email tools, which include internal systems, SalesForce, ExactTarget, Return Path, Moxie, and MS BizTalk tools. This will include addressing production issues and providing fixes, system enhancements, providing project-support, and re-design when needed (i.e. areas around system failures beyond coding a fix; on occasion issues related to system performance and availability need to be addressed through redesign).
You will provide code fixes and resolve problems across integrated layers of systems and enterprise tools. Approximately 80% of your time is working production fixes or small enhancements, and with the remaining 20% spent on technical analysis.
To be successful you must have proven problem solving skills, and be able to develop/code solutions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources since the Email SM Team is distributed between sites (Colorado/Ohio) and the team works closely with business partners.
The technical skills needed include: C#, .Net, XML, HTML, MS SQL and, Visio Studio.
Some preferred technical skills include: TFS and code management scripting, scripting language, Java, REST, Angular, BizTalk, SSIS, Moxie, and/or ExactTarget/SalesForce.
On-call rotational support is required.
The knowledge, skills and education needed for success include:
· Bachelor' Degree in an Information Technology, or related discipline, which could include Computer Science, Information Systems (IS) or Management Information Systems (MIS) and a minimum of 6 years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs/applications
· In lieu of a degree, 8 years related work experience will be accepted
· In-depth knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts in a large IT environment
· In-depth knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
· In-depth knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
· In-depth knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Advanced analytical, technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Negotiation skills and ability to influence others by educating and sharing information
· Interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve goals and accomplish work
· Coaching skills and ability to assist others in learning new technical and professional capabilities
· Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to a variety of audiences
· Presentation skills and ability to present information in various ways to meet audience needs
· Uses a variety of techniques to demonstrate product expectations and prevent production problems
· Stays current on emerging design patterns, software development concepts and industry best practices
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
· Annual Gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
· Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
· Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
· Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
· Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym at our large locations
· Onsite healthcare at large locations and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Relocation assistance to Colorado available; learn more about all Colorado Springs has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaNs-OfNL6E
Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Showcase your unique skills and technical prowess at a company named to the CIO 100 and InformationWeek 500 lists!
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
· You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
· After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
· A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
· Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
· Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Employee Status: Regular