Senior Underwriter, Primary Casualty
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Seeking an experienced Primary General Liability Underwriter for our Chicago office with marketing responsibilities throughout the Midwest territory.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Underwrite, service and grow a profitable book primary casualty accounts through wholesale brokers with a focus on construction and products accounts.
- Determine and recommend acceptable pricing and terms, within underwriting authority, on new and renewal accounts.
- Stay current on competition, underwriting environment, and market conditions, sharing that knowledge within the department.
- Oversee the accuracy and timely issuance of quotes, binders, and policies. Develop new and maintain existing broker relationships, provide excellent service, and maintain an awareness and presence within the industry. Assist in special projects and reports.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Behavioral Characteristics:
- College degree, industry designation, or equivalent business experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Experience with rating fundamentals
- Five or more years of Primary General Liability Underwriting experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High energy and positive demeanor with good interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented attitude and willingness to work with others.
- Travel within the territory.
- Knowledge of ISO forms and rating required.
- Background in Excess & Surplus lines business, with solid wholesale broker relationships and experience in construction, products and real estate business if possible.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
Apply for Senior Underwriter, Primary Casualty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly