Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated entry level Underwriting professional to join our team. The position requires the person to:
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
- Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
- Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
- Acquires a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
- Effectively communicate with independent agents and other employees through verbal and/or written means.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- An interest in developing product knowledge through participation in approved educational programs
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $6 billion, and we are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. To learn more about the position and our company, APPLY NOW.
Apply for Entry Level Insurance Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly