Legal Support Assistant/Clerical Assistant- Glendale
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
With more than 1200 employees, the Allstate Department of Law and Regulation is among the largest corporate law departments in America. The Department serves as the principal law firm for The Allstate Corporation. In addition, attorneys in our Staff Counsel operation represent Allstate policyholders in claims related litigation throughout the country. Please click here for an organization chart that sets forth the Law and Regulation leadership team.
The Staff Counsel Support Assistant will:
- Answers phones and route calls appropriately
- Assists with switch board and receptionist duties
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and faxes
- Routes interoffice communications
- Indexes unidentified mail
- Collects and processes outgoing mail
- Sends faxes as requested
- Photocopies materials as requested
- Retrieves and returns files to appropriate locations
- Files case documents to paper file
- Purges file cabinets and prepares files for shipping and storage
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Ability to complete a professional document utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills, including completing and sending form letters
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Adobe, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to work under close supervision
- Basic communication skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and with fellow employees
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.