Commercial Business Consultant - Allstate Business Insurance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
ABI Strategy Development and Execution
- Through direction of the ABI National Sales Leader, support the Commercial Certified Exclusive Agent, Top Commercial Producer, and Industry Practice Leader community.
Business Planning and Consulting
- Establish the CBC role as a value added resource by successfully implementing the following five business strategies for each CC Agent:
- Discovery: What is the Agency's level of commercial commitment; i.e. Commercial Certification, TCP or IPL
- Analysis: Based on commitment, develop agency growth plan including ROI, Agency Revenue, enhanced compensation and recognition utilizing the Commercial Owners Manual and Model Office tools
- Planning: Identify resources for the execution of the agency business plan. What gaps exist? Staffing, education, lead sources, etc. Align ABI resources to fill gap.
- Implementation: Execute the proactive marketing program designed to achieve the agency goal; (Filtered Lead/Drip Mail campaign), complete needed education, and deploy use of ABI tools (iPad app, Commercial Locker, Enterprise Risk tools, etc)
- CBC is a partner with each of the regional FSLs, AB Leaders, FSC, TSC, ADS Leaders, and education consultants in order to build and maintain effective relationships. Hold monthly 1:1 sessions with each to discuss ABI strategy and processes, shared opportunities with agents, and how each support the agents in the Trusted Advisor Model.
- Participate on team calls, in market meetings, town halls/kick off meetings, etc.
- Help regional FSLs understand, and use, the non-CC commercial support structure (ACC, CSC, BIS, ABIe)
Agency and LSP Development
- Support existing CC EA commercial needs.
- Onboard new CC EA's to ensure a consistent quality development process.
- Help CC EA's extoll and take advantage of the ABI “Beyond Insurance” CVP.
- Deploy the ABI lead filtering and drip mail campaign for all CC EA's.
- Have in-depth knowledge of and assist CC EA's utilize the EA Only portal on Connexus
- Serves as primary communication source between ABI and regional FSLs, front line AB Leaders, FSCs and TSCs, through recurring monthly 1:1 meetings/calls and participation on FSL team calls.
- Utilize Agent Focus newsletter as the focal point for CC EA communication.
- Have in-depth knowledge of and effectively communicate ABI key messages to CC agents and FSLs; including the ABI Agency and Customer Value Propositions, Commercial Certification program, ABI enhanced compensation, agency economics, ABI awards & recognition programs (TCP program), Industry Practice Leader program, profitability initiatives (RMPs), agent support solutions (ACC, CSC, BIS, ABIe), pricing and market guidance.
Training and Education
- Through the consultative interaction with CC agents, the CSC coordinates training resources to solve training needs. Education resources may include ABI Academy, Small Business University, and On-Demand vertical models to educate CC EAs.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales or business consulting preferred
- 4 year college degree
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships across multiple business functions.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial products and processes, for both EA and IA channels
- Agent experience preferred
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Understanding of pricing, claims, local market planning, sales trend analysis and marketing data
- Ability to assess market conditions, trends and indicators.
- Adept with desktop automation tools
- Familiarity with Business Insurance industry, including competitors and trends and products is a plus
- Process development and implementation skills
- Recruiting skills
- Proficiency with business consulting tools
- Business consulting and sales skills
- Commercial insurance designations (CPCU, CIC, etc.) desired, but not required
- Strong communication skills – includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation, and relationship management
- Advanced interpersonal skills – can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust
- Problem solving – knowledge of all aspects of sales processes and drivers; projections, goals, targets, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, and quality
- Team Building – blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging the team; etc.
- Provides influence and authoritative advice
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies
- Impacts department results and operational effectiveness
- Leadership – participates as a member of functional leadership teams
- Planning and organizational skills – effectively work outside an office with limited daily supervision; can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Some overnight travel required
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- P&C licensed in state of residence
- Industry certifications preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.