Privacy Measurements Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Privacy is responsible for the governance and protection of Allstate's customer, consumer, employee, claimant and others' personally identifiable information and leads the Information Protection and Privacy Governance Office as well as Information Protection Coordinators throughout the enterprise. In addition to developing and managing Allstate's Privacy Policies and Standards, this group provides operational guidance for the processes and related tools to assess, manage, mitigate, and remediate privacy risk with a focus on the customer.Job Description:
The Privacy Consultant is responsible for driving activities that support the identification, analysis, mitigation, management, and reporting of privacy risk. The Consultant performs analysis to mitigate risks, conducts research to identify emerging trends in privacy risk management and risk mitigation, and helps to implement programs that ensure or improve the effectiveness of privacy risk management and protection strategies.
- Establish risk reporting framework for appropriate audiences (for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant privacy risks, to senior leadership to ensure they are aware of privacy risks relevant to their area of responsibility within the organization, and to individuals to understand their accountability to privacy)
- Prepare risk measurement/identify trends/tracking/score carding/reporting
- Prepare metrics on risks identified and closed, as well as track the costs of the program
- Operational risk metrics, program metrics, IT and business cost measures are expected
- Quantification and qualification of privacy and security risk
- Support risk decision making through the use of portfolio models, privacy risk controls, matrix, and predictive modeling
- Help establish and quantify the organization's privacy 'risk appetite' and tolerance levels
- Implementation of privacy risk management policies and processes for the organization, including programs to quantify and monetize risk
- Participate in efforts to analyze technology and business impact and exposure based on emerging privacy threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
- Other responsibilities as assigned; the scope of work can span across the Allstate Family of Companies
- Audiences can include all individuals (internal and external)
- 3-5 years analytics experience
- Bachelor's or Masters in Math, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain privacy and security data analysis results to business people, and business processes, challenges and issues to technical people
- Experience in measuring operational risks and project/program costs
- Experience in quantifying and qualifying privacy and security risk
- Experience in dashboard design and development preferred
- Experience in IT, privacy and information security financial modeling, tracking, and reporting
- Experience working in a large, complex environment
- Microsoft Office experience required (especially in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical plans; work with a cross-section of individuals in all areas of an organization, and have effective presentation and influencing skills.
- Work comfortably in the face of ambiguity while continuing to move work toward a goal. Form solid assumptions and make decisions and recommendations based on a diverse pool of information
- Intermediate project management skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.