Archer GRC Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position will be part of the team responsible for establishing and maintaining an enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance vision, strategy and program. The eGRC program leverages the RSA Archer platform centralize compliance and risk management processes, increase maturity of risk management activities and provide effective, real time, risk and compliance monitoring and reporting. The Developer will be a member of the team responsible for the GRC Platform design and configuration to support various governance, risk and compliance programs within Allstate.
The eGRC Developer is responsible for supporting the RSA Archer eGRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) program.
The following areas describe responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Provides analysis and recommendations for solution analysis, system design and configuration of Archer GRC software tool; Able to develop expertise through training on software platform capabilities and conduct software configuration and testing
* Support the team through development, creation and implementation of testing scenarios and use cases within the GRC application
* Provide technical infrastructure support for application installations and upgrades of the Archer application
* Working with other developers on estimating new work intake efforts
* Support and/or perform the on-going configuration and support for the Archer GRC platform
* Deliver outcomes on multiple work assignments with limited guidance provided
* Limited night and weekend support may be required
We prefer that the candidate has administrator skills to configure the Archer v5.X platform, but are willing to train right candidate with the right skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 1-2 years practical experience delivering Archer solutions, Risk and Compliance consulting services or related experience.
- Ability to act independently and exercise good judgment as well as the ability to work cross functionally and create virtual teams is essential.
- Ability to develop and maintain software, including requirements gathering, solution design, rapid application development, testing, documentation, and ongoing support.
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives.
- Effective communication in working with others in complex situations; ability to interact effectively with, and influence, internal and external customers
- Apply initiative to evaluate situations and recommend solutions
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Archer experience configuring applications, calculated fields, data driven events, notifications, data feeds, access control, reporting, etc.
- Programming and/or scripting language experience preferred
- Business Analyst experience is a plus
- Previous experience administering a vended application is a plus
- MS SQL Server experience a plus
- Windows 2008 Server experience a plus
- Experience with XML / XSLT a plus
- Experience with LDAP a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.