Java Technical Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate is currently looking for a Java Technical Lead that will be responsible for the support and maintenance of a large web based application used by Allstate Roadside Services. The technical lead will be responsible for mentoring more junior developers, setting design and coding standards and completing code reviews. The technical lead also works closely with business partners to define requirements for the application they support.
- Critiques and evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security and audit)
- Evaluates detailed technical design components and acts as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Maintains component design standards
- Designs solutions for high-complexity projects
- Ensures that design reviews are scheduled and executed. Provides feedback and recommends solutions. Ensure that design standards and documentation are followed
- Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validate accuracy of others' estimates and works with project managers in continuous process improvement for estimating
- Contributes to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements. Promotes and defines development standards
- Performs coding of complex modules, as needed
- Ensures project change management approach is followed and that enhancements are appropriately prioritized and developed, and all documentation is completed appropriately
- Acts as technical expert for less experienced application developers
- Ensures code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality standards. Reviews and critiques code presented by team members and ensures code review is conducted and certifies that code meets quality standards
- Leads and organizes testing reviews. Tracks and resolves complex defects and assists in planning efforts of complex functional tests in support of Quality Control (QC)
- Defines and manage process by which support and technical assistance is performed
- Performs root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manages the resolution of complex problems
- Ensures delivery of change management activities supporting production deployments to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
- Reviews application configuration
- Manages vendor relationships
- Technologies: J2EE, Spring Frameworks, Struts 2, JSP, JDBC, IBATIS (preferred)
- Application Servers: WebSphere or equivalent
- Database Systems: Oracle, SQL Developer/TOAD
- Developer Tools: Eclipse/RAD, Jenkins, GIT, CVS (preferred as we still have our legacy code history here)
- Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent work experience; 5-7 years of application development experience
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.