Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
The Accounting Operations Leader is considered a Strategic Business Partner that is responsible for all financial reporting for the insurance agency that include, monthly analysis of financial information, annual budgeting, and supervision of staff, set agency accounting procedures and submit financial data to management and Corporate. The Accounting Leader maintains and promotes the positive environment of the office, making sure Brown & Brown’s guidelines and processes are met while maximizing the Bottom Line Profit for the office. This position encompasses Human Resources, IT & Facility Management responsibilities along with all aspects of the payroll function and all monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. HR responsibilities include new employee orientation, facilitating employee corrective actions, maintaining employee guidelines/records and employee termination/exit interviews. IT responsibilities include overseeing IT staff and Capital Budget Planning. Facilities Management responsibilities include overseeing the grounds to make sure they are maintained by the building management company for the safety of our clients and employees.
- Evaluate accounting system and make decisions regarding the branch accounting management function
- Report branch financials to the corporate office
- Perform functions required to maintain complex accounts, recommending procedures for continuous improvement
- Review, reconciliation and resolution in regard to accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Perform required maintenance of systems and reporting
- Responsible for Team Resources functions including new hires, terms, payroll, and all other duties associated with Human Resources
- Other duties may be assigned
- Accounting Bachelors Degree Required (Major)
- Accounting experience required (2-5 years)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Computer skills must include Intermediate to Advanced Excel, as well as Intermediate Word and Outlook
- Experience in TAM preferred but not required
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable and be committed to achieving success
- Insurance Experience a Plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.