Underwriting Support Staff Supervisor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on Forbes' “America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Most important, UFG can offer you a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, we believe in supporting our employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing our people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring that department service and quality standards are met. Develop, implement and maintain Authority levels.
- Interview & selection process of new employees.
- Training and Documentation of procedures.
- Assist with performance goals.
- Resolve conflicts, promote team work and positive environment.
- Coordinate and enforce ergonomic surveys.
- Liaison between other departments.
- Regular communication to supervisor/managers and perform other duties, as assigned.
Understanding of Company procedures, and the ability to work with various people and departments. Five years of rating experience or insurance background. Have obtained your Certificate in General Insurance (INS). Strong communication skills both orally and written. Flexibility is required.
Two or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience desired. Certificate in General Insurance (INS) is required. Must show an interest in continuing further insurance education such as SM18, SM19 and possibly other classes.▼ Read more