- Career Level
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, privately-held automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To effectively deliver on that mission and continue our rapid expansion, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can evolve with us. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Underwriting Supervisor to join our current team!
- Work with the Underwriting Manager and supervisors to maintain the daily operations of the UW department.
- Monitor daily productivity and quality of staff.
- Train new staff in areas of underwriting including: phones and daily processing of UW duties.
- Suggest appropriate underwriting action in regards to claim files.
- Manage by Processes and Procedures. Effectively lead a team that adheres to all processes and procedures that has been established by management.
- Responsible for resolution management
- Be able to analyze data and streamline it into Company workflows which improves processes and promotes quality.
- Aid in state and business expansion
- Oversee audit procedures and our preferred producer program
- Agency Management
- Assist staff with trainings and visits
- Authorize agency exceptions
- Agency complaints and resolutions
- Aid in company profitability by working towards the following:
- Decrease in expense ration
- Increase in written premium
- Decrease loss ratio
- Ability to lead a unit that embraces teamwork, exhibits inspiration to others and motivates them to achieve standards and supports Company values.
- Ability to show judgment and professionalism in all situations that arise.
- Contribute as need be to the overall success of American Access Casualty company
- Direct auto and underwriting experience with an insurance carrier.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Marketing ability with knowledge of independent agency system.
- Ability to successfully interact with the agency force to grow business while at the same time maintaining underwriting discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret policy contract language.
- Working broad-based knowledge of relevant insurance laws and statutes; the contract issue process, computer systems and competitors' products
- Ability to solve problems quickly and take appropriate decisive action
- Strong leadership skills; results-oriented management style
- Understanding of organizational behavior; able to effectively manage interpersonal conflict situations
- Bilingual in English and Spanish beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel desired
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of experience of management and process control experience
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.