Agile Design Anchor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Agile Design Anchor provides technical leadership from project inception through rollout, creating high-level technical requirements and designs to develop and support optimal IT solutions by applying knowledge of business processes and systems architecture. Working with an Agile Scrum team, this individual will be responsible for providing technical details to ensure the user stories can be sized, solution, and planned in the upcoming sprints.
- Provide technical support in Scoping and Discovery Framing sessions to identify integration points to eAgent
- Develops and/or confirms detailed estimates for moderate complexity projects; monitors, documents and communicates the technical progress of the project
- Uses knowledge of integrated requirements to evaluate proposed software products
- Creates and evaluates Proof of Concepts (POCs)
- Conducts design reviews and monitor application design impacts between concurrent releases
- Identifies systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks for moderate complexity projects
- Identifies and investigates potential scope changes and other issues related to technical design; provide change request direction for multiple areas of expertise; support the change analysis for design, code and other artifacts
AGILE – Sprint Review
- Translate Agile User Stories into the technology design that will realize those stories
- Identifying external dependencies and coordinating and communicating with those external teams
- Prepares the staging and development of moderately complex test environments and conditions
AGILE - In-flight Sprint Responsibilities
- Assist the development and execution of an Agile testing approach
- Participate in all the Scrum ceremonies
- Works with Product Owner and Scrum Team to write functional designs, and understand business requirements and process flows for moderate complexity projects; understands patterns, methodologies and system modeling
- Monitors the technical progress of projects
- Creates the high-level technical designs for moderate complexity projects and difficult maintenance efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business, functional, and nonfunctional) and systems architecture; creates design documents and maintain design artifacts
- Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of an application, hardware and/or software within a team; documents and share best practices
- For moderate complexity projects, validate code to designs and requirements; conducts code walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews
- Partners with business partners across multiple areas of the business and across multiple projects to ensure new/revised technical requirements or high level technical design are defined and documented
- Provides technical input and support architectural assessments and work with Architecture to get directions and methodologies; advocates and enforces architectural adherence for technologies within the team
- 3-5 years of experience with .NET technologies.
- Experience with application and integration design
- Experience with Windows servers and database platforms (MySQL)
- Experience with Agile SCRUM is highly preferred
- Exposure to UI/UX development is preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.