Product Operations, Senior Consultant - Encompass Insurance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Encompass Product Management job family is responsible for leading and executing on business strategies and tactics that support the profitable growth of the business unit.
- Coordinate and implement assigned countrywide underwriting tactics and execute timely and quality delivery on projects of moderate complexity ensuring appropriate communications to all impacted groups. Includes project design, pre-implementation and post-implementation actions
- Provide input into the design of new products including product features, rate, underwriting changes, and/or technology
- Prepare assigned work to support pre-implementation activities to include project development, communication strategy, launch design and/or testing plans
- Assist with the design of products that meet our business objectives yet also balance agency impacts for ease of use
- Perform assigned post-implementation activities to include quality testing, issue resolution, and call log management
- Gathers key project measures and provide insights regarding production and quality, comparing against project CBA or expected results; assist in making recommendations for course correction and implement if needed
- Understand how the countrywide team's actions may impact the Allstate Brand.
- Coordinate and implement countrywide underwriting rule changes in a timely, quality and cost effective manner.
- Engage appropriate AORs and ensure Underwriting Express Change process flow is followed to ensure quality and consistency in roll outs
- Establish and maintain key internal IT relationships
- Identify and evolve the current underwriting implementation process for efficiencies and effectiveness
- Conduct moderate analysis on recurring underwriting measures to ensure key underwriting trends are identified and communicated to ensure that it aligns with business goals.
- Communicate results to the Underwriting Department and implement assigned tactics to improve business results.
- Maintain on-going view of PML, understanding how it contributes to the broader Brand and Company targets. Identify, as necessary, the need for strategies to address changes to PML.
- Support correct class goals by partnering with process owners to evaluate and consider CCP impacts of product, pricing and RMP changes.
- Implement assigned moderately complex countrywide correct class changes.
- Leverage pertinent underwriting tools to meet margin and profitability goals
- Conduct moderate countrywide level analysis to identify issues/trends for key quality characteristics;
- Engage other AORs to identify the root cause of changes to key performance measures and identify tactics to address
- Partner with Product Distribution Management Team to communicate countrywide trended results
- Leverage agency performance data to improve business results
- State Manager and Sales Support - Proactively considers the impacts of project deliverables on Field Sales Leaders and agents, recommend and build tactics to proactively address.
- Coordinate efforts of all team members to ensure flawless execution of product deliverables
- Leverage the skills, knowledge, and experience of others to optimize business results
- Develop and maintain strong relationships
- Team Effectiveness
- 2+ years of related experience; college degree preferred
- P&C Insurance experience preferred
- Basic knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Analyzes data and reviews analysis from others
- Strong Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Advanced – Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Good presentation skills
- Can effectively manage multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Works effectively in a team environment
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.