- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Auditor/Examiner will report to the Quality Assurance Manager (Review Manager). The position is responsible for the development of and participation in specialized, annual, loan level, and/or targeted reviews. The Examiner will work in a team environment with the oversight of Senior Examiner and/or management to assist in planning activities, execution, and post operational review activities. The Examiner will work with the Senior Examiner to develop scope objectives, interact and perform inquire, and conduct walk-throughs and control testing for operational reviews assigned, and completion of work papers within specified time frames. The overall goal is to provide internal stakeholders with feedback for opportunities to improve quality and mitigate risk within the organization.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Responsible for working with Lead to perform operational reviews based upon risk, client, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Evaluates data metrics from multiple sources, analysis of records, reports, internal/client systems, vendor, regulations and operating procedures and practices to assess/monitor compliance to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct detailed review of process maps, policies and procedures, and data metrics to determine scope and scope questions for multiple operational reviews.
- Will conduct review of business partner processes and work closely with Lead and QA management to assess overall controls within operation.
- Responsible for the completion of quality work papers within specified time frames as outlined by the Lead and/or Manager.
- Will have input on the individual findings and justifications within scope section. (90%)
- May conduct follow-up review research and/or targeted reviews following completion of Corrective Action, and may make recommendations to ensure realized improvements are in place and effective. (10%)
Candidate will need to reside near our offices in Atlanta, GA, Duluth, GA, Florence, SC or Springfield, OH.
Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them. We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks. With a strong commitment to service, sophisticated technology and an array of flexible tools, we build solutions to meet customers' needs.
Our businesses — Assurant Solutions and Assurant Specialty Property — serve customers and clients in the United States and select worldwide markets. All of our employees are dedicated to the same goal: Working with integrity, innovation and dedication so that customers are glad they chose Assurant when it matters most.
Learn more by clicking on www.Assurant.comBasic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 2 years of insurance, mortgage, or financial services
- 2 years of operational review experience (audit experience)
- 2 years of utilizing data analysis and improvement tools
Travel - could include up to 5%
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Green Belt training or experience with structured process improvement desirable.
- Able to Implement and review, Collect and Verify review Evidence, Organize Data.
- Build Credibility & Trust.
- Collaborate with Others.
- Deliver Results.
- Analyze Problems & Make Decisions
- Demonstrate Resilience.
- Focus on Customers.
- Strong verbal and written communicate skills.
- Plan & Organize.
- Exercise Influence.
- Data Collection, Research, Investigation.
- Able to meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply procedural documentation to review activity.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work independently or as part of a team to complete multiple tasks. *Advanced MS Office Product Experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in mortgage servicing systems.
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office applications, Visio, Minitab.
- Possess analytical, data management, critical thinking, organizational, research, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to drive, executes, and meets stated deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Experience in targeted/adverse reviews.
- Prefer LPI Experience